Saturday, November 8, 2008

My First Week in Cali (Part 1)

The day after I arrived in California, my dad came over and we went shopping. The first thing we did though was eat at a little cafe near one of the many shopping centers. We sat outside in the 70 degree weather and I enjoyed looking around at the palm tree-lined road and the general hustle and bustle of my new home. After breakfast, we headed over to the AT & T store. Before I moved I was still on my parent's family plan so I had to get my own account and I decided to change my phone number while I was at it. The girl who helped us was named Whitney and when I gave her my new address she got really excited because she used to live in a house right across the street from my townhouse. How cool and random is that?! Anyway, she assured me that it was a quiet, safe neighborhood, that had a great landlord (he own the house she rented across from my townhouse), and I was getting an awesome deal on rent for living in one of the best places in the LA area. I told her I had just moved to LA the day before so she even gave me some great restaurant recommendations. It was so amazing to meet her because it just showed my dad and I that God really seems to be blessing this move and making sure I am taken care of.

I don't want to make this post too much longer and bore everyone with details so I will just finish it up with one last story.

Anyway, after the AT & T store, I needed to get a desk for my computer and a mattress since I had nothing to sleep on except an air mattress which led to my first Ikea experience. I had never been to an Ikea before but there is one a few blocks from my house. So my dad and I took a look around picked out a few things in the showroom area and then headed downstairs to pick it up. As I was walking through the accessories area I had my first celebrity sighting. I looked over to my right and saw Andy Dick pulling two carts full of stuff, he smiled at me but I quickly looked away since I was totally not prepared to be so caught off guard. LOL Not an amazing first encounter with a celebrity but a funny situation none the less since I had not expected to see anyone there much less someone so blatantly recognizable. No mistaking that it was him. So anyway it was a great first day in LA.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Hannah! I'm so proud of you! It sounds like things are aligning to show you you really are meant to be in LA! I get back from visiting megan tomorrow and I will call you after class wednesday because I want to hear all the details about your new life there so look for a strange int'l number appearing on your phone! Miss you!

Hannah* said...

Hey! I miss you friend! Yes, I would LOVE to hear from you. I think I may have missed it yesterday because I just got your message this morning (Thursday) but if you try again, I will be looking for it.